Monday, October 01, 2007

Quick Update

Well, my trip to Austin was successful! We found a house to rent, although it definitely wasn't easy, that's for sure! The market is crazy out there, several places I liked weren't even available the next day, homes are being swept up left and right. So at least we have a place now.

Ripley was sooo great to travel with. She did so good on the flight there and back. And she really got a chance to bond with her grandparents, which was nice to see.

So what's next? Let's see - tomorrow the packers come to pack up our house and on Wednesday they load the truck and move it for us. How's that for fast? And since they can't give us an exact date for when our stuff will arrive in Austin, I'm headed to Arizona with Ripley to hang out with family (Matt's side) for a week and then I'll head to Austin. Ava, my little niece, just moved into her new "big girl" room, so my sister in law still has a nursery all set up, perfect for Ripley. So it should work out nicely.

The only downside is that Matt is driving to Austin by himself. Although, he doesn't seem to mind too much, I can't help but worry a bit. It's about a 17 hour drive and he wants to drive it straight through, but he'll split it up if the drive gets too much on him. So keep him in your thoughts for a safe trip, as well as me & Miss Ripley!

We'll have more updates after our trips. Austin here we come!!

No comments: