Saturday, February 14, 2009

A Long Overdue Update

So it seems I have been slacking on updating my blog, huh? It's February and my last blog post was in November! My only excuse is that I joined Facebook and now I use that to keep in touch with many of you. I also update my pics there too, but I realize that's not the same, so I will do my best to keep it updated. Afterall, I don't want to let my fans down : )
So things with the Demaray household are going well. Despite the horrible economy and many lay offs in the game industry (and every industry for that matter), thankfully Matt still has a job he loves. His company hasn't been affected so far and are still hiring, so that's a good sign. Keep your fingers crossed for him!

As most of you know by now, we did some traveling over the holidays. We went to Arizona to visit with Matt's family for Christmas through New Year's. The flight was long (6 hrs) and it was a little more difficult this time around, with Ripley being older and so much more active. I decided to hit up the dollar store before our trip to get some toys to keep her occupied on the flight, stuff she's never seen before, etc...on the way there, she did great. Didn't even have to break out my entire bag of tricks! But on the way home, it was a different story.

During the trip, she ended up getting bad ear infections in each ear, so we got her on antibiotics before our trip home, but it still ended up effecting her (or is it affecting? I always get those 2 mixed up). Our flight had an hour connection in between on the way home and unfortunately the only time she slept during the return trip was in the airport between the 2 flights! Yay, for us! Or should I say Yay for me! Since she wasn't feeling that great, she decided that Mommy's lap was the only lap she wanted to be on for the ENTIRE trip. That was rough, especially since she would get so close to falling asleep and then boom, she decided taking a nap just wasn't for her. Oh and did I mention the puking episode? Yeah, well with the long flight and all (& no real food served on the flights) we had to resort to tons of snacks and McDonald's chicken nuggets to feed her. Well, apparently she had WAY too much and needed to get rid of it. Don't forget, she is on my lap! Oh, so fun, but guess what? I caught some of it, so no worries! Haha. So not pretty. Oh and if you remember one of our previous trips I blogged about - the one where I was fully prepared with an "emergancy outfit", but didn't need to use it and then on the way home I happen to forgot to pack the emergancy outfit and definitely needed it? Well, I did the exact same thing this time too! I don't know what's with that return flight that I decide not to bring the extra outift, I should know better by now! So this time, thankfully we had hoodie with us, so we stripped her from her shirt and zipped up the hoodie and it worked out, since she didn't end up getting much on her pants. As for me, I was lucky to only have it on my hands and such, so that was that.

After we finally arrived in Baltimore, we had to deal with baggage taking forever, them changing the claim number on us and then us taking the shuttle to get our car (at night and in 20 degree weather) to realize we forgot to write down what letter & number of aisle we were in!! Thankfully, there was another person on the shuttle who arrived the same day as us and it helped us figure out which lot we were in and after some riding around in the bus, finally found it. About 5 minutes after us pulling out of the parking lot, Ripley was OUT. Poor little lady, she was a trooper!

So after all that being said, the trials & tribulations of travel was well worth to spend the holidays with Family. We got to meet our new nephew, Jax, for the first time and Ripley got to have fun playing with her cousin, Ava (who is 4). Seeing the 2 of time together, running around holding hands, was priceless! Also, besides getting to see Matt's sis, brother in law and Matt's Dad and Pam (who all live in AZ), we also got to spend time with Matt's Mom, who lives in Naperville, IL. She came out for the trip too, so that was an extra bonus, having us all together. The only people who weren't there from Matt's family, was his brother Jake and his wife Kelly. They were both greatly missed! Below are some pic's from our visit (after returning from our trip, I realized most pictures were taken of the kids and not adults. me and my sis in law didn't get even ONE pic together and me, matt and ripley didn't get a family pic either. bummer):



No comments: