Saturday, December 30, 2006

Babymoon in 1 week!

Ok, so you've heard of a honeymoon, right? Well I guess Matt and I aren't the only parents who wanted to take a vacation before their baby was born. These days they're calling it a "babymoon" and since I got the OK from my doctor to go on the cruise Matt won, we're leaving in one week!!

Royal Caribbean actually has a policy that doesn't allow prego's like me to be on the ship if they're 26 weeks along or further. And since I'm currently 24 weeks, we needed to plan this trip fast....and that we did! In one week we're out to sea and I can't wait!

It's a 5 night cruise leaving from Fort Lauderdale (just over a 3 hour drive from us) and goes to Ocho Rios, Jamaica and Georgetown, Grand Cayman. On 2 days we'll be at sea, before and after those stops. It's our first cruise and are pretty excited about having a real vacation, it's been so long! Most of our trips have been to AZ or Chicago to visit family. Of course those are wonderful, but they aren't the same as going some place new to explore for an extended amount of time. Now the only thing we're worried about is getting sea sick. Matt is the one mainly concerned, but who knows how it will be for me, being prego and all. Wish us luck! And thank you EA!!

No comments: