Thursday, December 07, 2006

The Melting Pot

Have you ever been to the Melting Pot? Well I can finally say I have and let me tell you, it's a wonderful place! Matt and I went with a group of friends for my birthday dinner, there was 8 of us (4 couples). Great number to go there with. The food was amazing and sooo much of it. OMG - all of us were uncomfortably stuffed after our meal, but I have to say it was very worth it!

The food we ate:
1) Cheese appetizer-we got the cheddar cheese with beer, YUM! You get to dip bread, veggies and apple into the cheese. Sooooo good!
2) Salad - nothing exciting to report here, but good.
3) Entree - our pick had the following: filet (my fave), chicken, pork, shrimp & ravioli (least fave). It was all very good, especially with the mushroom wine broth we picked. Plus, you get all these different sauces to dip into too.
4) Dessert - chocolate fondue! We picked the amaretto milk chocalate, it was mainly Matt's pick and a good one at that! Other couples got the original (milk chocolate & p.butter) and the smores (marshmellows & graham cracker goodness).

I really wasn't sure if I was going to be able to eat dessert, with all the other food you get, but like my friend Kelly said - you make room! And that we did. My poor baby, after the 2nd course, he/she probably wanted Mommy to stop, but she didn't. No, she just kept on eating! Ok, I will stop talking about food now. So anyway, if you have never been, I would highly recommend it, also plan on being there for about 3 hours, it's a long dinner.

No comments: